This easy easy soup is a delight to make as well as enjoy.
If you cut the milk portion in half you can use it, to deliciously replace a side dish of mashed potatoes.
Though I first learned of this easy soup from my dear friend, Lisa, this is Mike’s recipe. I like to use even less oil. As the onion begins to cook, I then add a bit of water to the pan which helps to steam cook the vegetables.
1 large cauliflower chopped
1 onion chopped
1 T. canola oil
Abt. 2 C. rice milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Sauté onion in the oil.
2. Add chopped cauliflower and continue to sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add rice milk and boil until soft.
4. Use immersion blender or potato masher to whip it until smooth.
5. Add more milk to desired consistency.
6. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.