The recipe for Cranberry Goodin Puddin originally came from Gramma Von Hofe’s collection of cranberry recipes about 30 years ago. We’ve always loved it and made it for the holidays.
As recipes do, this year it morphed into a deeee-lish nut-rich dessert. Those of you who love the original cranberry goodin puddin will find this version less sweet, more cake-like, less gooey, and denser.
2 c. fresh cranberries
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. pecan pieces
1 c. walnuts ground ever so briefly in spice grinder
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. pecan pieces
1 c. brown sugar
1. Spread cranberries over bottom of greased 8 ” pie plate.
2. Sprinkle with 1/4 c. sugar, 1/2 c. pecan pieces and ground walnuts.
3. Beat egg and add 1/2 c. sugar, then beat well with flour and melted butter.
4. Spoon over cranberry mix in the pie plate.
5. Sprinkle top with about a cup of brown sugar and the 1/4 c. pecan pieces.
6. Bake 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.
7. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.